As you know, September is National Honey Month. Here are five “honey hacks” to help you make the most of your honey.
- Has your honey crystallized? Crystallized honey can be liquefied by slowly heating it for up to a minute.
- Out of sugar? Use honey! Since honey is up to twice as sweet as table sugar, use half the amount in honey.
- Cooking with honey? To help honey slide off your measuring spoon, simply coat it with vegetable spray first.
- Have a minor skin burn? Research shows that honey is an effective treatment for minor burns. It’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties may promote healing. So if consider reaching for some honey in lieu of burn creme.
- Out of moisturizer? It’s said that Cleopatra maintained her beauty with honey and milk baths. Honey is a humectant, which means that it attracts water and, as a result, is an ideal skin moisturizer. Apply honey to your face and let it sit for about 15 minutes.